This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

So I'm now 'accustomed' to handstand hops on my knuckles on wood

Started by Kuboy, December 22, 2015 · 4 Replies · 2,824 Views

Kuboy

I started a thread a few months ago with me doing some handstand work on my knuckles on a carpeted surface, asking for advice on whether it's safe (the Shaolin monks do it) and how I can build up to doing it on harder surfaces.

 

Original video:

 

 

So, taking your advice, I slowly built up to harder surfaces by doing very spaced out knuckles sessions (maybe once per week) with low volume. Now, I am aware that this probably isn't ideal for my knuckles and fingers but I like to think the low volume and so far the lack of any sort of pain/discomfort would be good signs that I may be able type on a keyboard in 20 years time!

 

 

2 weeks ago:

 

Dangerous and potentially debilitating or not, I thought this was worth sharing with you guys!

Alessandro Mainente

Your inverted planche at the end of second video (26 sec) is potentially the most dangerous thing for you.

Kuboy
Alessandro Mainente said:

Your inverted planche at the end of second video (26 sec) is potentially the most dangerous thing for you.

You're probably right. My poor shoulder mobility has me bending my arms for now...

vannybute

Don't do reverse planche until you have your basic mobility... common sense :P

Kuboy
GenericGymnast said:

Don't do reverse planche until you have your basic mobility... common sense :P

Why is that common sense?