This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

One Year of Foundation + Handstand Course: My progress

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, December 22, 2015 · 3 Replies · 415 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi All!

I would like to share my journey since I started to work on Foundation and Handstand Course. One year has passed, and in these days I was thinking about my progressess.

Previously I used to practice bodyweight training, I mean basic exercises, but I was not followed by anyone,  most exercises were not performed with the best form... think that I chase most of them searching on YouTube or similar. Of course, no mobility at all :lol:: injuries occurred quite often, I didn't see significant improvements, and that was some of  the reasons that motivated me to buy Foundation Course.

I started exactly on October 2014, and here I am now:

 

FL: working on hollow body Rocks (FL/PE6).  I don't wanna know about core exercises more bastard than this PE! Months and months of practice still required with no doubt, in order to reach mastery.

 

sPL: working on Planche lean (sPL/PE5). I took a lot of time only to conquer a proper form, lean is still insufficient, but improves are coming.

 

HBP: working on pseudo planche push ups (HBP/PE3). I mastered quite soon the previous two PE, but here I have still to work a lot on this one! They are really really hard, my shoulders burn!

 

RC: I just started to work on RC/PE15! Not bad here!

 

SL: I progressed quite fast in the SL elements. But now the nightmare is back; I've been working on arch body hold and this is the static element that I suffer the most!

 

MN: thanks to my genetics, hamstring mobility was just sufficient for most MN/PEs. I've been working on MN/SE1 for months, mastery is still far, but little by little we are getting closer and closer.

 

SLS: unluckily I broke my anterior cruciate while playing soccer with my friends on May, so I had to stopped to work on SLS progressions. Too bad, I had just mastered negative single leg squat SE. I'm going to have surgery on February 2016, most probably, then I will restart from PE1.

 

HS: one year and I'm still working on mastering HS/PE1>iM... not very well here! But I'm starting too see the light!

Recently I've started to work on pHS as well. As Stretch Courses were released I bought them istantly!

 

This is my own experience. My low height and weight may help me to progress faster on some elements. I wasted time practicing improperly some of them, but I definitely see great improvements!

I'm curious to know where I will be at the end of the next year! We will see!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Itamar sha'ashuaS

Well done my friend! I know that you are working hard on the basics and not giving up on them! Hope to train with you some day!

Alessandro Di Sanzo

I was forgetting! I would like to thank all GB community, the moderators and all the GB students who gave me precious advices and support me on this awesome journey!! :) (it's a huge list, and I don't want to miss anyone... :D )

Andros_Maximus

Been following your progress for quite a while now and I can definitely see major improvements. Well done man! You were a big influence in my decision to join GB F1 and H1