This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE3 and PE3-im

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, December 21, 2015 · 2 Replies · 68 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

These are feeling pretty easy. I never thought that that would ever come to pass given the grimace-inducing feeling that dropping into the side-to-side squat caused me. Anyways, how's my form? I know that my feet are turned out to the side, but given the focus of SLS/PE4 and SE1 on achilles flexibility, I'm not so much worried about the angle of my feet (the athletes in the videos' feet are turned out, too), I intend to keep these and Cossacks in my warmup and will work on angling the feet to parallel as I progress on PE4 and SE1. Just wondering how these look for now. Cheers

 

 

Cole Dano

Getting there, now that they are easy, work on

 

- Getting the straight leg to rotate more organically, your left leg in particular seems to be an after thought.

 

- Which leads into point 2, as the toes rotate to point up, work on sitting more on the the back of the straight leg. 

You are relatively high, and in your case I believe there is more to milk out of this. 

 

I'd stick with this for a little longer, and as you move on, this is one to keep in the warm up. It is actually "easier" leg strength wise than PE2 but mobility wise, this one is gold.

 

iM looks great, you'll be at the floor soon.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Noted, so I want to be more in that bottom position. Will do. MSs has helped, and seemingly each week I get noticeably deeper or with more comfort. Using a weight with my SLS/PE2 in my warmup has helped, too.