This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rest period for Foundation series

Started by ghadiya@gmail.com, December 20, 2015 · 8 Replies · 440 Views

ghadiya@gmail.com

Hi,

 

I have just started the foundation series. 

 

I am not clear about the rest period between sets. Is it suggested not to rest between sets. Simply move from PE to mobility and back until I finish all the sets for that exercise and then move on to the next exercise of that day ?

 

Can someone please clarify?

 

I am asking because I started at week 11 to determine if I had the mastery skills for PE1, but I could only do 3 sets per exercise without a break with proper form.

 

I suppose taking a short break between sets could help me finish the 5 sets with prescribed repetitions. But I am not sure if that is considered mastery.

 

Please advice.

 

 

Thanks

DouglasMN

You're on the right track. There should be no rest between sets. You will simply move immediately between the PE and it's associated mobility. You need to complete all 5 sets this way in order to demonstrate mastery.

 

There's nothing wrong with taking a quick breather in between exercises, but in order to maximize long term work capacity gains it is recommended to minimize this as much as possible. I usually take about a minute to shake out the last exercise and do any necessary set up for the next one before diving back in.

ghadiya@gmail.com

Thanks - that answers my question. 

PrimalMove
DouglasMN said:

You're on the right track. There should be no rest between sets. You will simply move immediately between the PE and it's associated mobility. You need to complete all 5 sets this way in order to demonstrate mastery.

 

There's nothing wrong with taking a quick breather in between exercises, but in order to maximize long term work capacity gains it is recommended to minimize this as much as possible. I usually take about a minute to shake out the last exercise and do any necessary set up for the next one before diving back in.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but are you saying between movements it is okay to rest a minute or so, or between each set? For example, I am doing HBP/PE2 then the mobility then right back to the HPB movement. Are you saying i can take a 15-30sec between sets of movement and mobility?

Joshua Slocum

The requirement for mastery is that you take no additional rest beyond the iM.

PrimalMove

Thank you. I was just double checking. I have no rest up to maybe 15sec just to move from equipment and such.

ausswe

i think he was getting at that it is okay to take a short rest between exercises but not sets.   1 set is pe + im in my head  there is only 7 exercises not 14.  i consider the pe and im to be as one.

Coach Sommer
ausswe said:

... 1 set is pe + im in my head  there is only 7 exercises not 14.  i consider the pe and im to be as one ...

 

Very good.  I regard them exactly the same.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Andros_Maximus
ausswe said:

i think he was getting at that it is okay to take a short rest between exercises but not sets. 1 set is pe + im in my head there is only 7 exercises not 14. i consider the pe and im to be as one.

This is how I thought of them too at first glance. Makes total sense