This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

knee pain

Started by itsjessep, December 19, 2015 · 4 Replies · 261 Views

itsjessep

Hello out there . I'm looking for another option to do during the narrow hurdler in the split course or movements i can do to improve my knee flexibility . I'm ok with all the other movements but having my knee tucked in kills me.

Thanks for any help

Jesse P

Mats Trane

Post this in the appropriate forum (under stretch series) and you will get a lot better answers

Coach Sommer

Elevating the hips by sitting up on top of a stretch block will greatly reduce the load on the knee.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Ashe Higgs
On 12/19/2015 at 10:19 AM, Coach Sommer said:

Elevating the hips by sitting up on top of a stretch block will greatly reduce the load on the knee.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I was having the same issue.  Although I could get into narrow hurdler with no discomfort on the knee, the next few days after FS my right knee would feel horrible.  Last FS I propped my opposite glute on a block and lo and behold no knee pain afterwards!  I was just searching the forums to see if it was okay to use a block for this.  Glad to see it is. =)

Eva Pelegrin

@Ashe Higgs as your knee mobility improves, I've had success with clients using a rolled towel that can gradually be rolled or folded thinner and thinner until you don't need it anymore.