Recently I began Foundation 1. Currently I can do 5x15r of normal push-ups and 5x60s of arch body hold that are mastery level. But I rest about 4-5 min between sets. If I lessen rest period to 1 min I can not to do master level and need more time to gain it. What I have to do? Should I strive to lessen rest time to approximately 1 min as it is said in program or can I move forward to the next exercise? How crucial is rest period? Should I strive always keep rest rime about 60 sec as it is said in program? Thank you
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Should I lessen rest period between sets?
Started by RuslanVin, December 18, 2015 · 5 Replies · 251 Views
RuslanVin said:Recently I began Foundation 1. Currently I can do 5x15r of normal push-ups and 5x60s of arch body hold that are mastery level. But I rest about 4-5 min between sets. If I lessen rest period to 1 min I can not to do master level and need more time to gain it. What I have to do? Should I strive to lessen rest time to approximately 1 min as it is said in program or can I move forward to the next exercise? How crucial is rest period? Should I strive always keep rest rime about 60 sec as it is said in program? Thank you
Nice work, 5x60s of arch body hold with mastery form is awesome! I don`t care how long you rest. But in regards to programming specifics, do you mind sharing the source of information where you heard about 1 minute rest times for Foundation 1? I am not sure what the heck you are talking about in this regard.
Mastery level is considered all the sets x reps with mobility in between sets.
So in regard of your statement, your mastery does not count.
If your lack of fitness is the work with low rest / rest with active recovery you need to adjust the reps x set schema in respect of foundations approach.
Why are you doing the arch body hold ?
Its not in F1.
john_c said:Why are you doing the arch body hold ?
Its not in F1.
The guy is oldschool, i guess ![]()
On 12/19/2015 at 7:12 PM, Ville Pelto said:The guy is oldschool, i guess
I am too lol *raises hand*.
I made a promise to myself to get ABH mastered tho, so it's more about personal pride and I can already do mastery for the new PE1. I'm just doing both, but focusing on ABH. 4x36s so far : D. Start to break on the 4th set.