This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE2 + iM. Really struggling with iM

Started by Young Chan, December 18, 2015 · 7 Replies · 140 Views

Young Chan

I'm quite confident with the strength element of the SLS/PE2, but struggling with the mobility.

 

SLS/PE2

https://youtu.be/YfGURdLUvr4

 

SLS/PE2 > iM

https://youtu.be/UgMktHKd1No

 

You can see me falling to the ground every time I try to sit-down smoothly.

 

Getting up is fine, its the going down part. Whenever I try to smoothly sit-down one of my legs won't lean to the side, making me go into an awkward position like in the image below. 

post-20339-0-62076100-1450455936_thumb.p

 

Sometimes its the right leg, sometimes the left. Most of the time its the leg at the back.

 

Would this be fixed if I carry on doing this? I've been doing it for the past 4-5 weeks so far, doesn't seem to have improved.

Cole Dano

You're right the PE itself is good.

 

- On the iM; part of the issue stems from no opening your knees up on the way down. Do that and of course keep pressure in your feet.

 

- If that doesn't do it for you then sit on an elevated surface, high enough that you don't drop so heavily. Had to turn my volume down your hitting so hard ;)

 

Then you can gradually lower the surface.

 

- Another method that may work in your case, since going up is quite good. Only go up to the point you from on the way down, and sit back down softly. This may help you figure out what you are doing differently coming down from the top.

 

With this drill you won't change your legs every time, just up and down a few times and switch.

Young Chan
Cole Dano said:

You're right the PE itself is good.

 

- On the iM; part of the issue stems from no opening your knees up on the way down. Do that and of course keep pressure in your feet.

 

- If that doesn't do it for you then sit on an elevated surface, high enough that you don't drop so heavily. Had to turn my volume down your hitting so hard ;)

 

Then you can gradually lower the surface.

 

- Another method that may work in your case, since going up is quite good. Only go up to the point you from on the way down, and sit back down softly. This may help you figure out what you are doing differently coming down from the top.

 

With this drill you won't change your legs every time, just up and down a few times and switch.

Thanks :) 

Young Chan
Cole Dano said:

You're right the PE itself is good.

 

- On the iM; part of the issue stems from no opening your knees up on the way down. Do that and of course keep pressure in your feet.

 

- If that doesn't do it for you then sit on an elevated surface, high enough that you don't drop so heavily. Had to turn my volume down your hitting so hard ;)

 

Then you can gradually lower the surface.

 

- Another method that may work in your case, since going up is quite good. Only go up to the point you from on the way down, and sit back down softly. This may help you figure out what you are doing differently coming down from the top.

 

With this drill you won't change your legs every time, just up and down a few times and switch.

 

 

I took your advice and elevated the surface and did the "go up only to the point I can get down softly" last week.

 

I don't know how but when I did it today my knees magically opened up :D

 

 

https://youtu.be/1sWQ6yc84fI

Here is me doing the iM again on the 5th set.

 

One problem I see.

post-20339-0-28419800-1451418134_thumb.p

 

I descended softly with every rep, but there were a few reps like this where my front knee didn't open up completely. 

 

Is this sufficient to move on? Or stay till I fix this?

Cole Dano

Sorry, YouTube is giving you no love today, I saw the other post you made as well, and all of the videos get stuck buffering. Remind me to take a look tomorrow and hopefully the problem will have cleared up.

 

In any case, that seems like a great improvement on the iM.

 

I personally recommend always doing a set of 10r of all the previous iM's as part of your SLS warm up. So keep that in mind when deciding to move on.

Young Chan
Cole Dano said:

Sorry, YouTube is giving you no love today, I saw the other post you made as well, and all of the videos get stuck buffering. Remind me to take a look tomorrow and hopefully the problem will have cleared up.

 

In any case, that seems like a great improvement on the iM.

 

I personally recommend always doing a set of 10r of all the previous iM's as part of your SLS warm up. So keep that in mind when deciding to move on.

Thanks for trying and the great advice :)

I'll do my warm ups that way now :P

Cole Dano

OK, it turned out to be a browser problem, you vids play in in Chrome.

 

iM looks good enough to move forward. Happy to see you got it to work for you.

Young Chan
Cole Dano said:

OK, it turned out to be a browser problem, you vids play in in Chrome.

 

iM looks good enough to move forward. Happy to see you got it to work for you.

Great Thanks :)

 

Also thank you for going through my other form checks :D