This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE1 + iM Form Check

Started by Young Chan, December 18, 2015 · 6 Replies · 118 Views

Young Chan

This was filmed on my final 5th set.

 

MN/PE1

 

MN/PE1 > iM Upper Body

 

MN/PE1 > iM Lower Body

 

For the strength element, does my knee need to come closer to the chest? My current flexibility doesn't allow it to touch the chest and hold it in place.

 

I've filmed the upper and lower body separately because I just couldn't get an angle in the room to film both.

 

For the lower body iM at 0:55, do I need to rotate my arm a bit more?

 

 

 

Cole Dano

The PE is excellent.

 

The iM needs a bit of help however, I think part of the problem is you are using too a light a weight for your ability.

 

- Hinge more form the hips rather than bend from the side

- Keep the weight balance directly over your shoulder. (A heavier weight will make this more obvious)

- Face more sideways with your body, not so much towards the floor, again a heavier weight will help here

Young Chan
Cole Dano said:

The PE is excellent.

 

The iM needs a bit of help however, I think part of the problem is you are using too a light a weight for your ability.

 

- Hinge more form the hips rather than bend from the side

- Keep the weight balance directly over your shoulder. (A heavier weight will make this more obvious)

- Face more sideways with your body, not so much towards the floor, again a heavier weight will help here

 

MN/PE1 > iM Side view

https://youtu.be/zG-kRLBUCpA

 

MN/PE1 > iM Front view

https://youtu.be/EmMaeTaXT_U

 

 

How is this?

 

I increased the weight from 3kg to 5kg. I'm thinking I should increase the weight a bit more because I can see it's not always directly above the shoulders.

 

Is the hinging better in this attempt?

Cole Dano

That's a big improvement in technique.

 

You have the right idea now. As you continue remember you don't need to touch the floor, just pass your hand between your legs. 

Young Chan
Cole Dano said:

That's a big improvement in technique.

 

You have the right idea now. As you continue remember you don't need to touch the floor, just pass your hand between your legs. 

Do you think its mastered then?

Cole Dano

Borderline, I'd either do another cycle or just do it as part of your warmup for the next element.  In any case, I see this as more of a technical issue for you than mobility so for that reason am not a worried with you.

 

Personally this is another iM I always do in warmup on MN day anyway.

Young Chan
Cole Dano said:

Borderline, I'd either do another cycle or just do it as part of your warmup for the next element.  In any case, I see this as more of a technical issue for you than mobility so for that reason am not a worried with you.

 

Personally this is another iM I always do in warmup on MN day anyway.

Thanks!

 

I'll finish this week, do my 12th week next week and move on :)