This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE4 (Arch Up) - will this piece of equipment do the trick?

Started by Niklas Vange, December 18, 2015 · 5 Replies · 348 Views

Niklas Vange

Hello!

 

I've now reached SL/PE4 but of course my gym lacks a pommel horse or GHD machine. However, they do have an "inclined" back extension bench (see attached pic). Will this do the trick? It should, or am I missing something?

 

BR

Niklas

 

post-16977-0-99704300-1450421490_thumb.j

Cole Dano

That will work, though it will be easier to do on that machine due to the legs being so far below hip level.

Alexander Egebak

You can increase the resistance by adding weight plates.

Lucky

You can slightly decrease (or increase, depending on the point of view :D ) the angle, by putting some plates under one side of the bench (feet) and lowering moving part.

Niklas Vange
Lucky said:

You can slightly decrease (or increase, depending on the point of view :D ) the angle, by putting some plates under one side of the bench (feet) and lowering moving part.

Really good idea! Tried it out and worked like a charm. Much harder with inc-/decreased angle. Thanks a bunch!

MarcoRod
Niklas Vange said:

Hello!

 

I've now reached SL/PE4 but of course my gym lacks a pommel horse or GHD machine. However, they do have an "inclined" back extension bench (see attached pic). Will this do the trick? It should, or am I missing something?

 

BR

Niklas

 

attachicon.gifinclinebackextension.jpg

I do these face down hanging off a bench and wrapping my feet around the bottom of the bench. It is very awkward and uncomfortable but my only option because I am always travelling for work. Every hotel gym has a bench.