Hi there - I've been struggeling big time with this element. Thought it was about time to have a check on my form to see if i'm on the right path...
Sideview:
Frontview:
Thanks in advance!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by TobiasM, December 17, 2015 · 7 Replies · 100 Views
Hi there - I've been struggeling big time with this element. Thought it was about time to have a check on my form to see if i'm on the right path...
Sideview:
Frontview:
Thanks in advance!
Do the ascent part SLOWLY!
Thanks Alessandro. Besides the tempo, does it look alright? I'm really having a tough time trying to maintain shoulders stacked over wrists. I'm also having a tough time trying to figure out the handplacement - Does it look alright or is it too wide?
less pike in the hips, try to depress the shoulder blades as well and avoid bending the elbows. not sure if that is all required for mastery but definitly a good idea to work on this now as I painfully discovered once i reached the planche leans and realised I struggled to keep my shoulders depressed.
Tobias, I think you understand the technique. You need to depress your scapula more, keeping shoulders stacked over wrists and protract more at the top. Strive for shoulder width hand placement, though the athlete in the video is a bit wider than that. Based on my own struggles with this element, I wonder if your struggles are more mobility-based. This element didn't start to look and feel natural for me until I increased mobility in my pecs, biceps, rotator cuff muscles, traps, and lats. What kind of supplemental stretching are you doing?
hmm... I don't really do any supplemental mobility work/stretching. I just recently started to have focus on mobility with the iM elements found in F1/HS1.
My bacground is from weightlifting where I didn't focus that much on mobility. Sometimes I did face pulls, cuban rotation and 30-60sec hangs on bar. But guess that is nowhere near enough ![]()
Your hand width looks fine to me Tobias, but like Garrick said you drift forward sometimes so that your shoulders are forward of your hands, you also lose depression, and your elbows are bending. Very similar problems that I have.
TobiasM said:hmm... I don't really do any supplemental mobility work/stretching. I just recently started to have focus on mobility with the iM elements found in F1/HS1.
My bacground is from weightlifting where I didn't focus that much on mobility. Sometimes I did face pulls, cuban rotation and 30-60sec hangs on bar. But guess that is nowhere near enough
You need to stretch. The GB Stretch Series is a great investment. My scap shrugs improved significantly when I incorporated the Thoracic Bridge Series into my programming.