This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN PE1+iM

Started by OmenA, December 17, 2015 · 13 Replies · 222 Views

OmenA

Feedback is appreciated, thanks in advance!

 

 

Ryan Reynolds

PE - seems jerky for some reason like your legs start to come up too early, then pause, then continue to come up.

 

Im - make sure you keep the weight directly stacked over your shoulder it drifts out on you usually on the way back up, this problem is worse on with the left arm.

sarahlynnclimbs

How do you know how much weight to use? I'm using an 8lb, and it feels challenging enough that I have to focus on keeping steady through my shoulder girdle, but i'm not sure if thats what I'm going for. I'm hypermobile so the flexibility part isn't the challenge, but the strength is. Should I ease up or stay there? 

OmenA

I dont know is there or what is a right weight to use on this. I think at least 5 lbs is fine. However I noticed when I used 5 lbs it was more difficult than the 11 lbs i'm using on the video. With a hevier weight it is easier for me to figure out where my hand is.

Elias Lehtinen

Hi Guys!

How does my MNPE1+im look now?

I'm able to do 5x15 but is my form and iM correct?

The bunny just dont care :)

Cole Dano
On 6 January 2016 at 5:35 AM, Sarah Richardson said:

How do you know how much weight to use? I'm using an 8lb, and it feels challenging enough that I have to focus on keeping steady through my shoulder girdle, but i'm not sure if thats what I'm going for. I'm hypermobile so the flexibility part isn't the challenge, but the strength is. Should I ease up or stay there? 

Sarah, iM should feel moderately challenging, sounds like 8lbs is about right. As it gets easier you can add more weight. 

But, please, don't use other members form checks to ask your personal questions. Start a new thread in the future. 

Cole Dano

Elias, work coordinating lifting your body legs at the same time. 

Also as mentioned keep the weight stacked over your shoulder its drifting.  As you are already mobile, keep a straight body at the bottom don't sag down. 

Elias Lehtinen

So, is my PE's form better in the first video I posted in december. Without the jerkyness I mean.

I'll keep working on this!

Cole Dano

The earlier video is slightly better, but notice there is a moment when the legs stall out before finishing the tuck. 

We're looking for a smooth fluid movement.

Elias Lehtinen

Here's my current form on these, is it any better? These are from a deload week. 

 

Cole Dano

Both look good!

Very nice tuck position at the top of the PE. 

Personally I like to keep the body more towards the side of the lead foot on the iM, it almost looks like you are on the side of the trailing foot at the bottom. 

Elias Lehtinen

Thanks Cole! 

I see what you mean by the iM comment. I'll keep working on that while getting my 5x15 PE's done.

Eva Pelegrin

Very cool how you're using a plate on the windmill!

I'm guessing you have a martial background.. I learned that kinda saucer drill from Taichi. ;)

Elias Lehtinen

Thanks Eva. I do have martial arts background but its been looong time ago and never done these before foundation. The plate was my Macgyver moment when all the dumbells were too light or heavy.:)