This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC PE1 +iM

Started by OmenA, December 16, 2015 · 13 Replies · 185 Views

OmenA

This is my form check on hinge rows.

I think this is set 2 or 3 of week 11. After that it's not pretty  ;)

Cole Dano

You're on the right track. Form is spot on but use a little more control, it looks like you are throwing yourself too much,  think pull yourself into the top not jerk.

Elias Lehtinen

Is there something to correct on these? Maybe little bit more under the rings?

 Thanks!

Thanks in advance! 

Cole Dano

You can experiment with the exact hip position, it's pretty close where you are, but it's definitely on the front side of the pocket.

The camera angle might be deceiving  me here, but it looks like your just shy of pulling your elbows down to be in a straight line with your shoulders.

 

Elias Lehtinen

Got it, thank you!:)

Elias Lehtinen

Here's my current hinge row form. This is the second set of 4/15. 

Is there something to fix? Thanks!

 

Cole Dano

These can be a bit fiddly, I prefer the angles of the arms to be 90, elbows in line with the shoulders. But you've been at these long enough, and you're looking strong and comfortable, so I'd say move on young man, move on.

Elias Lehtinen

Thank you Cole!

I would love to move on, but I'm not able to do even 4x15 yet . The progress has been slow. Maybe I should add a set or two to my off days?

Cole Dano

Where do you generally fail on the 4th set?

It's very hard to say about adding extra off day sets, but it doesn't hurt to try. Generally a trainees first response to failed sets is to do more, but in my experience very often the solution is to do less! The tricky bit is working out which is the right solution and when. In any case if you've been stuck here for a while, something needs to be altered, then it's a matter of doing your best to judge if the change helped, hindered or made not difference.

Elias Lehtinen

I fail at the third set where im able to do 12 reps and in the last set 10 reps (+/- 1rep).

I think if I would do RC at the beginning of a workout I would be able to do all reps. Maybe I try that on my next F day?

I've been doing the 4x15 from June or July.

Cole Dano

Tweak reps so you can complete 3 sets, eg 3 x 13r or 14r, then use the standard template to build to 5 sets of that number.

Elias Lehtinen

Ok,sounds like a plan:)  thanks for your help!

Mats Trane

I would not add extra days. Its like Cole says sometimes less is more. Instead mix things up a bit. 

For example, the first set try to do 20, secand set 18, third set 12, fourth set 10. Do this for about 4 weeks and the go for 4x15.

You can also try to put in an extra set of RC on a different time of the day. So if you do your major train in the morning do an extra set at night.

 

Elias Lehtinen

I will definitely make same adjustements

thank you guys for the ideas:)