This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN PE2 + iM

Started by Ryan Bailey, December 15, 2015 · 5 Replies · 169 Views

Ryan Bailey

Sorry for the video, not the best angle.  How is the form on the straddle up/Jefferson curl coming?

Thanks,

Ryan

​

Ryan Bailey

Thanks so much, Zach.

PE: Gotchya, thanks.

iM: I can see that pike and push backwards.

I feel when I try and bring the bar towards my shins (I thought I heard somewhere  we are supposed to do that to decrease stress and shear forces on the spine?), sort of like deadlift... but then I push back also.

I feel when the bar is away from the shins on the lowering phase, it helps pull each mid thoracic vertebra down better one at a time.

Is It bad to keep the bar away from the shins a bit? say 6 inches or so, similar to the mastery video? to try and keep longer tail tuck?

I wonder if I make sense, hard to explain.

Ryan Bailey

Practiced to make the corrections today.  Got busted by the gym manager during rep 2 though ;) ​.

Is the tail tuck and vertebra by vertebra any better?

 

​

 

I know this is one to continually work on for a long time;  just want to sure up some of the major form details prior to progressing more weight.

Thanks

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Lmao, VIDEO EVIDENCE! You caught the proverbial GB sasquatch on film. GymnasticBodies should use this as promotional material for why Globo gyms are the worst. Also, is that manager from Minnesota, lol?

Ryan Bailey
Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:

Lmao, VIDEO EVIDENCE! You caught the proverbial GB sasquatch on film. GymnasticBodies should use this as promotional material for why Globo gyms are the worst. Also, is that manager from Minnesota, lol?

It was a gym I do not typically go to here in Wisconsin. Only had the shirt off for about 30s, and the manager was on me like white on rice (Only in America I suppose). Lol. I went to the office, spoke with staff about form checks and GymnasticBodies; ended with some laughs and good times;-)

Now, how is the upgraded form, I feel it may be ok to add weight with this form? I feel 25% BW does not touch the thoracic spine. 50%BW for now, allows a deeper stretch. However, tail tuck and vertebra by vertebra control seems better with 25% BW.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

How does your lower back feel? If you can do that im easily, without strain or discomfort for all the reps, then I say add some weight. How much is at your discretion, but I usually increas by 5 but no more than 10lbs at a time