This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Timing problems

Started by Adriano, December 14, 2015 · 2 Replies · 244 Views

Adriano

Been doing a set or two of mastered progressions before the focused exercise for a while, but browsing through the forum I got the impression the all-around warm up routine is way more beneficial than what I was doing.

 

Did 5'' of jumping rope. No sweat.

Did 5'' of joint rotation. Easy as pie.

Did another 5'' playing with Swivel hips. My hips are pretty rigid and this one helps a lot.

Did 5'' of stretching the critical areas. Felt good.

Skiped the core activation because I'm still doing F1. My specific warm up (recently mastered progressions) include tuck ups, side over arches and arch ups.

 

Now, here comes the tricky part. This first part took 20'' straight, which leaves me like 10'' for specific warm up, as per recommendations from Coach and senior members.

 

How in the hell should it take 10 minutes tops? Come on, just doing 15 side over arches on each side and 9 arch ups with their respective iMs took like 3 minutes. And I'm doing F7. The whole routine lasted like 25 minutes. I did one to two sets (depending on the main exercise - if my active focus is PE5, I'll have 2 sets, if it's PE3, it'll probably be just one) of previously mastered exercises with their coupled mobility elements with no rest between. Only thing I can think of is reducing the tempo. I've been doing these mastered progressions very slow and with control, but come to think about it, since I am using them for warm up, maybe I should use them conditioning wise, not strength wise.

 

Was the 10'' recommendation meant for F4/F3 sessions? 25'' seems too long.

On the other hand, F7 work lasted 65'', which makes 1h 50'' in total. That doesn't seem right :/

Ryan Bailey

Adriano quote: "Was the 10'' recommendation meant for F4/F3 sessions? 25'' seems too long.

On the other hand, F7 work lasted 65'', which makes 1h 50'' in total. That doesn't seem right :/  "

 

 

 

 

 

Reply:

 

I also tried a very long "specific" F7 warm up section similar to your experience.  I had to step back and realize I'm not going be able to warm up everything I would want.  So, I decided to choose one element a week;  double the mastery reps for one set.

 

Ie...

Monday warm up:

FL PE1 and iM (120s, then 20r)

SL PE1 and iM (60r, then 20r)

MN PE1 and iM (30r, then 20r) and so on with 5-7 elements.  ( I called this good for the week on that element )

 

Then Wednesday warm up:

FL PE2 and iM (120r, then 60s)

SL PE2 and iM (20r, then 20r)

HBP PE1 and iM (30r, then 20r) ect... 5-7 elements. 

This helped me feel better about hitting an element once per week at least for maintenance prior to the workout.

As a side note: I am going through a "I don't want to loose what I've worked hard for" phase and feel I need to warm up "maintain" most of what I've already accomplished.  I can't see the big picture because I'm in the such early stages, so I don't know if I'm doing this right or not.

I am interested to hear what others have to say about your post as well; especially in regards to the warm up of F4/F3 vs. F7. 

Adriano

Good news is my warm up is down 10 minutes, cca 35'' now.

Bad news is my F7 still lasts 65'' every time :/ I guess it'll go down when I start doing more advanced elements - something tells me 5X5 will consume way less time than 5X15.