Wide HeSPU

Started by Bosco, December 13, 2015 · 10 Replies · 2,791 Views

Bosco

Hey !

 

Is this form of HeSPU bad for the shoulder joints ?

 

 

post-10013-0-44854900-1450022462_thumb.j

Alessandro Mainente

NO, it is a regular hespu, necessary tn order to accomplish, one day, the normal hspu.

Bosco

So wide elbow flared out HeSPU/HSPU doesn't cause shoulder impigments ?

(like the bulgarian HSPU in the GB book)

 

Thanks Alessandro !

Alessandro Mainente

If you have proper shoulder joint proportions (that you can build up with stretch and mobility) and strong muscles that avoid impingement  (that is built up after restoring joint proportions), you have less less less risk.

Jon Douglas

I've not heard of it causing shoulder impingements; it is however a hell of a lot harder to balance than elbows in. Don't think I've ever seen free HSPU with elbows out....

Alessandro Mainente
Jon Douglas said:

I've not heard of it causing shoulder impingements; it is however a hell of a lot harder to balance than elbows in. Don't think I've ever seen free HSPU with elbows out....

It needs a lot of control, really a lot.

I've a couple of Morandi's photos doing them.

Jon Douglas
Alessandro Mainente said:

It needs a lot of control, really a lot.

I've a couple of Morandi's photos doing them.

 

That's interesting. I love how athletes can get to the level of throwing the 'rules' out the window and just making s*** up as they go :D

Alexander Egebak

I suppose you need to gradually prepare the elbow joints for them.

 

I have heard of a few people following foundation progressions but had their elbows flared. When they reached handstand pushup progressions they were injured due to bad form all the way through the progressions.

ausswe

they probably had tight pecs/weak external rotators in the shoulder

Alexander Egebak
ausswe said:

they probably had tight pecs/weak external rotators in the shoulder

That is supposed to be fixed by HBP iM and RC PEs.

ausswe

it is very easy to cheat your way through if you arent diligent.  ive noticed plenty of people thinking the achieved mastery and moving on only to find out later after submitting a form checkvideo that they hadnt.  i have also had to go back a few times.