This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS5/iM

Started by Shellberight, December 13, 2015 · 7 Replies · 164 Views

Shellberight

In terms of the mastery width of shoulder + one hand I have either one or two hand widths to go, depending on whether shoulder width is measured from the inner or the outer edge of the hand. Which is it?

Does something in my form need improving?

https://youtu.be/H0dPZGeoYzs

vannybute

You seem a tiny bit tilted to the right, better fixed sooner than later on 

ausswe

try to move you arms without pressing your head forward as well.

Alessandro Mainente

Be careful on tempo and simmetry.

-your shoulders tend to elevate on the left before the right. this is a sign of stronger trap on one side and tight pec minor.

-also you are loosing control of the bar on the back. movement should be fluid in all the part.

 

did you get the mastery on the other IM's?

Shellberight

Thanks for the advice, guys. I'm aware of the left vs right side issue  but not sure what to do about it except to do the exercises and hope things will become balanced. It's the same with Xiaopengs: left side has better rom although I don't notice a strength difference (not saying there necessarily isn't one, just that I don't notice it). If it's related to a tight pec minor is there a stretch I could try to diagnose (and address) it? I can do German hangs with full rom, skin-the-cats and bar hangs with a straight/hollow body without feeling any particular tightness. In fact I've been doing them weekly for over a year as a warm up and a finisher.

 

Still working on iMs 1-4 (all are improving). Here are my latest attempts at static flexion and extension. Not terrible but not perfect either so I'll continue to work on them whether they are at mastery level or not.

 

https:/youtu.be/ynkyi_LcfOI

 

https:/youtu.be/h10S2mV8dj4

 

I can certainly do them with more control (moving the bar more slowly at the back).

Petri Widsten

I've improved my form on these ones but does it need further refinement? As per earlier comments I've focused on symmetry and tempo and am also elevating my shoulders when bringing the bar up. I understand the elevating is good form but please correct me if I'm wrong.

The video shows me doing dislocates at a width at which I can comfortably do sets of 5 with a 7 kg bar either standing or prone. This width is 11 cm (on either side) from the target of shoulder width + one hand both sides. With a lighter bar I can get a few cm closer. I feel I'm making good progress regarding ROM and strength.

https://youtu.be/nnF0THLnXnw

Alessandro Mainente

You crrections and accurate work are giving a good result. reach teh width and move on.

Petri Widsten

Awesome, thanks for checking, Alessandro