This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS /PE2 Count + IM

Started by Riz Q, December 10, 2015 · 7 Replies · 294 Views

Riz Q

Re: SLS PE2

Please help me understand rep count.

Is this 10 reps on each leg? Or 5 reps on each leg?

Also, can you help add some colour to how I understand the position of the squat.

1) It seems bent leg heel automatically lifts off the ground?

2) It seems as though it's OK for the knee to extend beyond the ankle on bent leg. Is this OK for me to do? My height is noticeably in my long legs, especially long thigh/quads so can I widen my starting stance? Otherwise I'm not sure I'd be able to get my butt that low.

On SLS/PE2 IM

I sit down and.....all I have is hope. Whilst in Shawshank Redemption, "hope" was a good thing I can assure you it doesn't work. I have to cheat the movement by using hands and rocking. I presume this is OK as I start to wean my way off the cheat?

Thank you all

347mont

GB's is a great course and all buuuut I wish GB would make it crystal clear, I recently had this issue on the number of reps

 

required with SL/PE1. How hard wound it to specify SLS/PE2 10 reps each leg or 20 total or 5 reps each leg or

 

10 reps total, what ever you want but to be fair saying 10 reps on an exercise that uses 1 limb at a time makes it

 

very unclear. All GB's has to do is add 2 words, either X reps each side or X reps total, could you guy's look into this

 

pleeeeeaaaaasssse. It may be some where in the course out line but for the sake of just adding a couple of words

 

specifically in the element description would help many members I feel.

Riz Q

Wg8dad - Thank you for the link but I can't find where it confirms the 5x 5+5

347 - agree with you sentiment. I could really do with knowing because I can currently do do about 3x 5+5 but could no way do 3x 10+10

So I now need to know whether I'm to attempt 4X 5+5 or start again from 1x 10+10 then 2x 10+10 etc etc

347mont

It won't be long... someone with the knowledge will chime in. I recently found out that SL/PE1 is 30 reps total. I was being a lunatic and doing 30 each side for a total of 60 haha.

ausswe

what ever the number of reps required is the number of total reps you will be doing.  if an exercise has 30 reps total and you are meant to do side to side then each side is 1 rep.  the only time this changes is if you are only working one side at a time (eg. mn pe1 im / hawaiin squats / speed skater squats)  these are very obvious because well the movement specifically requires only one limb at a time.  

im tired and this is poorly explained but hopefully you get the idea.

 

more examples

sls pe2 = total reps required (10)

sls pe1 im= total reps required (10
speed skaters = total reps required done on each leg

hawaiian squats = total reps required done on each leg

xiaopengs= total reps required on each arm (5 each side)

 

347mont
ausswe said:

what ever the number of reps required is the number of total reps you will be doing.  if an exercise has 30 reps total and you are meant to do side to side then each side is 1 rep.  the only time this changes is if you are only working one side at a time (eg. mn pe1 im / hawaiin squats / speed skater squats)  these are very obvious because well the movement specifically requires only one limb at a time.  

im tired and this is poorly explained but hopefully you get the idea.

 

more examples

sls pe2 = total reps required (10)

sls pe1 im= total reps required (10

speed skaters = total reps required done on each leg

hawaiian squats = total reps required done on each leg

xiaopengs= total reps required on each arm (5 each side)

 

OK thanks for the incite, I got it now. So what ever the number of reps is is the total.

 

For example lets say the total is 12, for push ups it would mean 12 actual push ups,

 

now for bicep dumb bell curls that would mean 6 on each arm. Just using those exercises

 

as examples. What threw me of from the start in my case anyways was when I was doing

 

SL/PE1 and some weeks in the block had odd numbers which to me would mean that one side

 

would get an extra rep. But I get it now, thanks and train hard and be happy, peace.

 

EDIT  Hey all I'm doing H1 today and wanted to make a point,obviously this does not include H1

 

where mastery is 5 sets of 5 reps for the wrist strengthening exercises, that's definitely 5 reps

 

each wrist, but a good example how if it was clearly stated there wouldn't be the constant new

 

thread on the same question. OK I'm done now lol. Peace be with you.

Ryan Reynolds

The confusion with rep counting is like a right of passage or newbie hazing or something.  Each new batch of students complain about it and yet it remains.