This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1+iM

Started by Nick Roy, December 10, 2015 · 14 Replies · 230 Views

Nick Roy

I posted full handstand workout and a second video showing a few angles of the iM. I'm more concerned whether or not I have enough ROM on the iM with good form to move on. Tripod is way too easy.

Handstand workout

https://youtu.be/ChRJ85ZtDMU

Extra time with iM.

https://youtu.be/ar9IHuQSMLs

TobiasM

The videos on youtube is set as "private" so we can't watch them. You should look for a "hidden" setting on youtube instead of the private one.

Nick Roy

Totally didn't know they were set to private. I switched them to public now. Just a heads up I use a metronome to keep time so you can just mute the video

Jason Dupree

post-13982-0-70824000-1449807652_thumb.p

It should look exactly like this but with hands at shoulder width. They are quite a bit wider it looks like.

Nick Roy

Awesome, so that is the final position. Just make sure the hands are directly over shoulders, not even one fist width outside of shoulders?

Jason Dupree

I think fist width is ok from comments I've seen. I think it feels best at shoulder width personally.

Nick Roy

I'll retest tomorrow and post another video

Jason Dupree

iM looks real nice :) try with a tad more lean and a bit closer hands.

I didn't watch the whole PE, but I did see sometimes your elbows drifted away from above the wrists. I'm not sure if it matters for mastery, but I try to keep them above the wrists, both forward and backward, and side to side.

Nick Roy

Yea, when I went back to watch the recording I noticed that. It only happened that workout, but I'll make that correction tomorrow regardless. My focus was putting my hands in the same position as I would for pushups(figured good practice for later HBP final stages). Completely overlooked elbow angle in doing so lol.

But yes, for the iM how far forward does the lean need to be? Bar just over or past knees with locked arms?

Jason Dupree

Yea it's private :P

For lean, someone mentioned like this "/" in another thread. Seems about right!

Nick Roy

lol my god.

Alright, it's published

Alessandro Mainente

Very nice.

Nick Roy

https://youtu.be/9dn85PpELo8

From yesterday. Had a camera mishap, so I lost the first set of the video. This is the last 4.

I noticed visible shaking of my integrated mobility on the last 2 sets. No mastery yet -_- , but atleast range is good