Here is a couple videos of se14 through se21. I struggle with this part of the series a lot. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Im sitting on two blocks and was wondering if I need to even be higher.
Alan
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Alan T., December 10, 2015 · 8 Replies · 368 Views
Here is a couple videos of se14 through se21. I struggle with this part of the series a lot. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Im sitting on two blocks and was wondering if I need to even be higher.
Alan
For the first one you posted, use a strap from your hand to your foot.
Thanks for the responses. I will use a band on se/14 and play around with a small weight on the others as well.
Where should I be feeling the stretch on se14?
Alan
ps.. How do you embed a video so you don't have to click on the link?
I am in the same boat as you on this one. I have tried blocks and I have also tried facing my couch and pulling myself deeper into the stretch. Not sure though if it would be better to be pulling into it or using blocks and using a weight to increase ROM. I can barely sit up straight let alone lean forward without assistance. lol.
Alan T. said:ps.. How do you embed a video so you don't have to click on the link?
Youtube addresses from the mobile site don't embed on Gbodies (yet?). So just copy-paste the desktop site address (which doesn't have you.tube in the address).
Eg)
(quote this post to see what I wrote there)
This week I tried a couple of the suggestions.
On the sweeps I really tried to reach more.
I added a band to the shoulder pancake. I still am not sure if I am feeling this stretch in the right spot. It is such a struggle for me to even get into this position I feel as though I can't get a good stretch. Has anyone had success with any other scalings for this stretch?
Is this an appropriate way to add weight to the movements that you are bending over?
Alan: you and I are very likely long-lost (exceptionally inflexible) brothers. Many of my stretches look/looked like this. I don't have any specific advice, but I would say that my shoulder pancake was, at first, a mess akin to yours. Just keeping working it with that stretch strap each week and you will see improvement. I'm nowhere near "good" on any of these stretches, but I've seen considerable improvement just from punching the clock each week for 45 minutes: focus, endure mild suffering (don't let it be extreme suffering), shampoo, rinse, repeat every week.
Also: for me, the last exercise (pancake roll-through) is nigh-on impossible, even with dramatic scaling. It might be that way for you too, maybe? I just go for 3-4 attempts each week (holding on to rings and pulling myself through).
Good luck.
Nice effort. I feel ya with these.
How does the weight plate on the elevated pancake feel for you?
Are you getting that groin stretch where pelvis, flexes into the leg bone, deeper into the pancake position?
Weighted progressions in pancake:
I am also considering this, but am curious about how to go about it. If we add weight to the back, when the body is not able, to tight, to anterior pelvic tilt APT, are we reinforcing PPT, stretching thoracic flexion? It appears the hands are also on the ground, which may nullify the effects of added weight. Shoulders are also down, which may bias trunk flexion (rather than arms up somewhere; with hands at the ears or even touching the weight up and behind your head)
1) I wonder if any a really tight situation it is better to grab something ( a bar, or feet), to get some APT, and some forward lean.
2) Or, place the low back against the wall, elevate butt, then grabbing feet or stretch strap maybe contract relax APT and trunk extension?
Once sufficient forward lean with APT and mid thoracic extension, I can see the weight plate being a great addition; assisting gravity to press longer into the pancake. I myself have recently added weight now that I feel a stretch into deeper APT, but only after completing the former 2 options without weight for months, to feel it was really making a difference.
Interested to hear about this from those who have gone through weighted progressions.
I haven't used weights for pancake but do either wrap my hands around my feet or grasp a bar to pull my self deeper into APT. This has worked well in increasing unassisted pancake depth. The assisted version always stays slightly ahead but in my last pancakes of the session there's little difference.