This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Introduction and advice on training

Started by Plonch, December 9, 2015 · 3 Replies · 152 Views

Plonch

Hello!
This is my 5 week with F1 and I feel really grateful and surprised with the results so far. I can feel my body getting a strenght that never had before and muscles that "i didn´t know I had". But the greatest thing is that each week, my shoulders have a little more range of motion.

 

I train F1 four days x week at home(in the morning) and pole fitness x 3 days (on a studio). And now i foud a place where I can train gymnastics, so my question is:
What should I train? Here I get access to equipment that I don´t have at home, but I don´t want to do stuff that my body isn´t prepared.

 

My primary goal is to increase my shoulder´s ROM so, what exercise do you recomend to focus?

For now I'm working with handstands, hollow body holds, cartwheels, bridges and preparation for bridge kickovers.

 

Ryan Bailey
Plonch said:

Hello!

This is my 5 week with F1 and I feel really grateful and surprised with the results so far. I can feel my body getting a strenght that never had before and muscles that "i didn´t know I had". But the greatest thing is that each week, my shoulders have a little more range of motion.

I train F1 four days x week at home(in the morning) and pole fitness x 3 days (on a studio). And now i foud a place where I can train gymnastics, so my question is:

What should I train? Here I get access to equipment that I don´t have at home, but I don´t want to do stuff that my body isn´t prepared.

My primary goal is to increase my shoulder´s ROM so, what exercise do you recomend to focus?

For now I'm working with handstands, hollow body holds, cartwheels, bridges and preparation for bridge kickovers.

Shoulder ROM exercise?

Recommend:

Thoracic Bridge Stretch Series.

Movements in Tumble 1 course

Foundations course Integrated Mobility.

Handstand Course both HS1 and press Handstand.

The shoulder requires and demands a complexity of different movements to increase ROM.

Jon Douglas

Shoulder mobility is covered in amazing detail in Handstand One :) However a lot of people have found that it requires harder stretching to get the most out of it, which is covered in the Thoracic bridge stretch series. Those are the most focused on your immediate goals :)

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Shoulder dislocates have done amazing things for me, all other advice aside, working them intelligently (both in terms of grip width and the amount of weight you're using) effectively solved a probably I had had with my biceps without involving much else. Now, the other suggestions they've given you absolutely help and will help your shoulder in specific areas with intensity. Further, those programs will take your ROM much further. They're all worth looking in to and investing in.