This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE2 foot under the rings?

Started by Alessandro Pantanella, December 8, 2015 · 4 Replies · 192 Views

Alessandro Pantanella

Hey guys,

I've been looking on the forum for this info but couldn't find an answer.

 

Yesterday I've mastered Incline Row or at least I though so.

I just read this article in the GB Blog:

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/ring-rows-build-bodyweight-strength-for-rope-climbing/

 

It says: "For incline rows, set your rings at about shoulder height, place your feet under the rings".

Now, I never put my feet under the rings but further away since I tried that at the beginning and seemed to me that the exercise would be too easy that way.

 

Am I wrong?

 

I don't have a video but I checked my form against the ref video and seems pretty close.

 

In a couple of days I'll put both versions to test to see which version is more difficult.

Cole Dano

It's not that big a deal, you should be at about a 45 degree angle at the bottom of this row, that usually winds up being give or take, feet under the rings. If you made it a little bit harder, not the end of the world.

Alessandro Pantanella
Cole Dano said:

It's not that big a deal, you should be at about a 45 degree angle at the bottom of this row, that usually winds up being give or take, feet under the rings. If you made it a little bit harder, not the end of the world.

Thanks Cole,

the important is that I didn't make it easier ;)

Shellberight

Hi guys

 

I'm not complaining but I was told that the angle should be 30 degrees (body to floor) so there seems to be some inconsistency in the advise given. I think it doesn't matter much because if you master these at a lower angle then mastery of PE3, ground rows, will come that much sooner. In the end we all have to develop the same level of rowing strength and endurance. Or am I wrong?

Alessandro Pantanella
Shellberight said:

Hi guys

I'm not complaining but I was told that the angle should be 30 degrees (body to floor) so there seems to be some inconsistency in the advise given. I think it doesn't matter much because if you master these at a lower angle then mastery of PE3, ground rows, will come that much sooner. In the end we all have to develop the same level of rowing strength and endurance. Or am I wrong?

Yes you're right, if you make PE2 a bit harder you'll have a easier life with next progression.

Said so it is very important to keep the angle and feet placement constant in time to make sure you don't increase intensity and volume at the same time week by week.