What do you guys think of my deck squat and skiiers? Good enough for mastery?
PE:
iM:
Thanks in advance!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by TobiasM, December 8, 2015 · 11 Replies · 194 Views
What do you guys think of my deck squat and skiiers? Good enough for mastery?
PE:
iM:
Thanks in advance!
PE You shouldn't be grabbing your knees on the way up, nor using your hands on the way down.
IM it looks like your deeper on your right skier than the left, also try to keep your chest up more.
Yeah, rewatch the course video for the deck squats, then do it exactly like that. On the iM you are hinging too much at the hips and not squatting low enough IMO. Like Ryan said, keep your chest up higher and sit down lower.
Hi guys, I tried to correct to things mentioned in this post. Hope it looks better this time :-)
PE:
iM:
Thanks in advance!
PE - looks like you have taken all the pointers to heart. Good work.
IM - a few things: Keep your feet together, you have widened your stance since the first video. Can you do it without reaching your hands way forward? Try that as a first step towards a higher chest. Look at SLS PE2 and notice how high you will need your chest to do a kossack squat, keep working on it.
Have you ever done any regular weighted squats like an overhead squat, front squat or back squat? I ask because to do a weighted squat you need to keep the weight supported over your center of gravity or you fall over. And you do that by having a flat lumbar and a high chest especially in the overhead squat.
Thanks a lot Ryan!
Yes, I've done many weighted squats. Makes it a little easier for me to imagine how the form should be, when I think of the form from front squats etc.... I'll try to correct the form next time and hopfully nail it :-)
A video of my front squat if you would like to see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi1jnhYn518
Was back at it again 2day trying to correct my form on the iM element. Tempo could probally be better, but was in a hurry since my phone was running out of battery. Wanted to make sure i got the whole set recorded before the phone was shutting down ![]()
Better Tobias, the only thing now might be to keep that form with your upper body and work on a bit more depth over the next week or so. Your close I'd say. Maybe a coach can give you a final verdict if you've got enough depth for mastery or not.
Thanks, Ryan. I'll keep working on this element the next couple of weeks and then try to post my 5th set mastery attemp to see if it's good enough :-)
Been some time now working on this element trying to clean it up and make it solid. Hope it's about good enough for mastery :-)
PE:
iM:
Thanks in advance!
I would say you've got it. If I had your form I would move on. But I'm not a coach.
PE - You're using a lot of momentum. Try doing them slower.
iM - Your knees look like its just above parallel, but I'm not sure if it looks like that because of the camera angle filming upwards.
These are my opinions. Like Ryan also said, I'm no coach either ![]()