I am having trouble with this exercise. I am making progress but it is very slow. I thought I would ask for a form check to see if there is something that I am missing. Thanks.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Sam Andersen, December 5, 2015 · 8 Replies · 338 Views
I am having trouble with this exercise. I am making progress but it is very slow. I thought I would ask for a form check to see if there is something that I am missing. Thanks.
You need to increase shoulders angle up to 180° if possible and reduce the amount of range of motion when feet come up. basically open your hips.
Alessandro Mainente said:You need to increase shoulders angle up to 180° if possible and reduce the amount of range of motion when feet come up. basically open your hips.
I am not sure what you mean by increase the shoulders angle up to 180. Do you mean move my arms back more? Or am I supposed to open my shoulders (squeeze my shoulder blades together)? Any clarification you can provide would be great.
Yes, arms need to be further back alongside ears so 180deg between arms and torso.
Arms need to be further back (might have tight shoulders, workin flexibility for them), and Legs/hips need to be lower. Can we see a video of your regular Hollow Body Hold?
Thank you for the information. I will move my arms further back and lower my legs. I will post again once I can video the corrections. Thanks.
Here is a video of the corrected (hopefully) form for FL/PE6. https://youtu.be/4CUX6HL6uS4
Here is a video of my Hallow body hold. https://youtu.be/j8uDKl-_Iqo
Thanks for your help and advice.
On the hold, PE5, check out the second focus point. Once you make that change, keep the arms next to the ears. It may help with getting them more open.
Here is FL/PE6 again. I am looking at the ceiling the entire time, trying to keep a neutral head. I think I got into the habit of looking at my feet to see if my legs were in the right position. The exercise feels much better while looking at the ceiling. Hopefully I have the form this time around. https://youtu.be/nBDVEWuQWWw
Thanks all.