This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What changes have I missed out on?

Started by IcedDante, December 5, 2015 · 2 Replies · 239 Views

IcedDante

I was browsing reddit's bodyweightfitness forum, when I saw a comment from a user that the Side Lever progressions had changed. I had no idea! I haven't been logging on to the gb forums much and I never bother clicking on the progressions in the course since I've been stuck at SL1 forever. Does someone have a link to the post that announces when/why this change was made?

 

I started researching some more and heard some other claims I'd like clarification on. One of them was that we shouldn't be doing Rings until we've finished all 4 Foundation courses. Is that true? Considering most people will never complete the MN progressions, for example, this means we would never train rings.

 

Have there been any other big changes I don't know about? Maybe there's a forum that announces changes to the programming?

Bro'

SL progressions were changed because Coach and the team realised that people were stuck at ABH mainly due to weak/inexistant obliques, rather than anything else. Now the progression starts with various obliques exercises, and then you still go through most of the exercises that were already there. People have been spinning their wheels less since then. 

 

You can start Rings as PLAY when you complete F2, but Coach recommends you finish F4 before actually starting so you get fewer roadblocks. Regarding manna, it's true that it's most likely the last element you'll get, but I guess you'd still be able to start Rings if you mastered the other moves perfectly (I'm thinking mostly RC and sPL), I don't think not having a manna would slow you down that much if you're very near the end of the progression.

 

As for other changes, check out the GB curriculum page again, it was changed a bit with the goal of encouraging people to work their handstand a lot more in mind. Other than that, I don't think you missed too much since I saw you post in the M1 thread.

Coach Sommer
IcedDante said:

... I was browsing reddit's bodyweightfitness forum, when I saw a comment from a user that the Side Lever progressions had changed. I had no  no idea! ...

 

Multiple forum posts, newsletter articles and emails were sent out regarding this.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer