This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

I'm a little confused by the programming

Started by Tuckett, December 5, 2015 · 2 Replies · 510 Views

Tuckett

So I've read the intro part of the movement series but I'm still a little confused. It says you need five perfect reps in a row, then later it says try to build to 30min for a total of 90min.

I feel a bit stupid but I don't quite get this - do you just work for however long it takes to get 5 perfect reps? Or do you keep going to build endurance for half an hour?

Coach Sommer

The two points you raised are completely separate:

 

1) For mastery of an individual skill you are going to build to sets of five perfect reps in a row.  For example, if you get to three and then blow a rep, that set does not count.

 

2) The comment regarding duration is for the overall block of time assigned to your entire movement workout during which mutliple elements might be trained.  This will of course begin with a minimum, probably 5-10 minutes, and then increase over time as your proficiency and work capacity also increase.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Tuckett

Thanks Coach!