This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS PE1IM and SLS PE2 weight distribution

Started by Geoff, December 3, 2015 · 4 Replies · 111 Views

Geoff

When performing these two exercises one of my legs tends to bear most of the weights during the movement. In the SLSPE1IM most weight is carried by the leg in the direction of which the hips are shifted. During SLS PE2 the weight is carried by the bent leg. Today I tried to keep the weight distribution between the leg at about 50% and the exercises felt markedly differently. How should I divide my weight between my legs during these exercises?

347mont

I look forward to hearing from an expert. I would of thought that more weight on the leg in which the body is leaning to is normal as

 

most of the weight is on that leg. Seem logical to me to be a prgression to achieve the end result... a single leg squat.

 

Out of interest why are you training SLS PE2 with SLS PE1iM

Geoff

Currently I have put the focus on the stretch series with some good results. So my real workouts are only stretch. In the mornings I play with one foundation branch, doing one exercise according to the template and then just playing with another progression in that same branch. So for SLS I do PE1 and its IM according to the mastery template, and then do some sets of SLS PE2 and its IM to start getting a feeling for the next exercise.

Cole Dano

iM1 - The weight isn't 100% even lets call it pretty even. The trick is to rotate from the knees more, or I like to say, feel as if your shins are pointed forward.

 

PE2 - More weight on the bent leg, it's and SLS progression after all. :)

Of course there is a  bit of a weight shift going on at the top as you go into and out of the descent.

Geoff

Thanks for the reply! It seems most logical indeed that the weight should be born on the bent leg. The load on the straight leg also felt like it could be beneficial eventually, which is why I wanted to verify this.