Hey guys. Basically i cannot do a proper bodyweight squat and therefore not an sls. I have thought this is because i was tight around the calves or hips but after improving passive and active flexibility there i'm still in the same position. The only way i can lower to or below parallel without an extreme lean forward is with feet a good bit wider than shoulder width and pointed out 45degree or more but even then my back is arching hard trying to not lean forward. I can't imagine doing any decent weighted squat like this.
The other day i came across this link by chance http://www.enotalone.com/article/4855.html , where the guy says that having a femur longer than your torso can make squatting more difficult. Always thinking i had long legs this seemed like it could explain my difficulty so i measured myself and my femur is about 46 cm and torso about 38cm, tibia about 41 if that matters. I'm 172cm tall. So!. This seems to explain why i can't squat, and maybe why i can run pretty fast ![]()
I knew that i could squat down against a pavement or on a slope easily so i tried some pistols with my heels raised a little and some holding a stone (10lbs or so) out at arms length and did a comfortable 4 with each leg.
So does anyone see a problem with continuing them with a raised heel? (more comfortable). I can't see ever being able to do a normal one no matter how good i get at them like this. Thanks for reading