This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1>im

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, December 3, 2015 · 2 Replies · 45 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

This >im has caused me many frustrations, however, I am now realizing how poor my form has been all along with this element. The tension felt from elevating and protracting always seemed wrong and counterintuitive. I realized that from that sensation I had not really been protracting nor elevating my scapula as strongly as I could or as I needed to bring my arms into better flexion. I videotaped myself doing these today and feel much more comfortable with the element (pain-free) and also with the form: my hands are shoulder width, there is 5lbs on the bar, my arms and body form a straight line, my shoulders are forcefully elevated and protracted, and there is a lean to my torso. If my form is not good enough let me know, I'm by no means progressing past this im regardless of whether they're 'mastered' or not, as I am very much aware that I need to greatly improve and strengthen my shoulder flexibility and the strength of my traps.

 

Cheers.

 

 

Pafke

Look good. Squeze abs and pull ribs in to make back even more flat. :)

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Thanks. Still working on these. I hope to get up to 15lbs eventually. Will add in those cues next go-round.