Cross Attempt

Started by Nic Scheelings, September 29, 2009 · 15 Replies · 2,992 Views

Nic Scheelings

Hi all,

Just wanted to get some feedback on my cross attempt, any technique tips would be appreciated.

PhtlC4soSfM

braindx

Looks fine. Left arm looks like it may be slightly bent, but overall solid effort. Why'd you cut the video off at the end or was that because you ran out of recording?

I would suggest descending into cross faster though. There's no use in fatiguing yourself by lowering slowly.

David Picó García

You call it, attempt, i would simply say Look at my cross video!!! :P

Sorry no technique tip. Your strength gains are just inspirational for me.

sasquatch

Great job, I've just started to focus on ironcross, it's gonna take a long time for me to learn it. lol

Gregor

Just like braindx said, go faster...All other things seems ok.

Razz

I'm jealous! Great work :D

Blairbob

nice

Nic Scheelings

It's weird tho I actually find it harder to lock my position if i descend faster, for me I almost need this gradual tension buildup.

Thanks tho

Hayden Whealing

Demus, 'm curious about what progressions you are currently on for planche, front lever, back lever or any other exercises that would have an impact on cross progress.

braindx
mr jones said:
Demus, 'm curious about what progressions you are currently on for planche, front lever, back lever or any other exercises that would have an impact on cross progress.

Er, well, back lever for the elbows will probably help, but they're not really necessary.

Training all of those skill as basic strength work is obviously good though to build up capacity and overall stability.

I had around adv tuck/straddle planche, straddle front lever, full back lever when I got my cross. I never trained back lever or planche though during that time.

Joshua Naterman

Demus: Try slowly increasing the speed with which you do the first half of the descent, and slowly build that speed into the rest of the descent, you know what I mean? That way you will allow your body to get used to maintaining stability in the position. You look strong with the cross, very impressive!!!

Nic Scheelings

Mr jones: Funnily enough I'm pretty much at exactly the same period in the progressions as braindx when he achieved his cross. I can stradlle planche, and straddle front lever and i've been able to full back lever for ages.

Though to be honest I'm not sure it means too much. It all depends on where U are strong, one of my friends can full front lever with ease but is still far from cross.

Also I actually took a long period off training cross and only returned recently, I was suprised at my progress after not training cross too regularly.

I was wondering if someone with more experience with it could fill me in on how often they train their cross , at the moment I find two times a week about 4 attempts (like in the vid) Mon & Fri works good for me, ne more and I feel it's a bit much

Cheers

braindx

I did 3 times a week almost consistently for ~18 months. Transitioning into 4-5x a week (lower intensity.. more grease the groove-ish) for about 2 months as I had a specific date I needed the cross for my routine.

I did not much muscle mass at the start so it took a fair while to build it.

Edward Smith

Demus,

Where do you train?

I've looked for an open gym with no success. And very few gyms offer adult classes.

Cheers,

Ed

Nic Scheelings

Hey Ed,

I train at Wesley college in Prahran, just on the corner of St. Kilda and punt Rd. It's a pretty good place to train, adult classes are mon, wed and fri. Nice relaxed atmosphere, check it out man.

Edward Smith

Thanks,

Will do.

Ed