This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Avoiding Lean - Planching(sp?) - In A Press

Started by David Birchall, December 2, 2015 · 2 Replies · 205 Views

David Birchall

I have no mirror or anyone to spot me who would be of any use.  Are there any signs/cues to show me if I am doing this in a straddle press handstand?

 

I will make a video eventually but I'm only playing with this movement at the moment.  Every video I find has at least some lean in it too so I guess I'm going to have to buy H2 soon - I'll do that once I've got 5*10s free HS.

 

Is a small lean acceptable or is it the case that there must be absolutely zero - none?

Alessandro Mainente

Lean should be limited , to avoid leaning simply follows the progressions. they are made exactly to avoid this.

David Birchall

I don't have H2 yet - I'm just playing with it at the moment as I've not got a free handstand yet which I believe is a prereq. 

 

I have no doubt the progressions along with posting vids up will get me correct form when I come to start the course.  I was however looking for some cues just for now - saturdays I play around.

Alessandro Mainente said:

Lean should be limited , to avoid leaning simply follows the progressions. they are made exactly to avoid this.