This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

L Wall Handstands & Hip Tap Wall Runs?

Started by David Birchall, December 2, 2015 · 0 Replies · 100 Views

David Birchall

L-Wall Handstand

 

I suppose its a static of the middle part of a pike press, kind of similar to a Partial Pike Press with the wall now I think about it.

 

Obviously these are not in the Handstand courses however I stumbled upon them the other day while reading an article and they look like they might be of supplementary benefit to presses and also increasing strength of the handstand by way of increased leverage.

 

What is everyone's consensus on these?  I'm doing a day of supplementary stuff for my main F7/H1/H2 work that includes Jefferson Curls, Wall Runs, Xiaopengs, Shoulder Flexion and Extension IMs from H1, MN/SE1&2 as prescribed in H2, Dislocates etc...

 

I'd like to include them somewhere before my wall runs but I'd like to know if there's a specific reason perhaps pertaining to the exercise's inferiority compared to the exercises that are actually in the courses?

 

In case I have the name of the exercise wrong its where your hips are stacked over your hands and you are piked at 90 degrees with feet on the wall, stomach facing the wall.

 

Wall Runs - Freestanding or Hip Taps to increase difficulty? (or both :evil:)

 

Would tapping the hips/sides instead of the shoulder be a good progression after wall runs?  OR would freestanding wall runs be a better way to try to develop it?  I'm thinking the latter would build more balance obviously while the former would build more maximal strength strength-endurance.  This is if say one day I hit the monstrous time goal for wall runs (would before that for variety be a good idea?).

 

By the time I hit that point in my training, the heads of my shoulders will have outgrown my actual head judging by the way I they've grown since I started these extra wall runs & moved up to BB dislos.  It's nuts.