This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1 + iM

Started by OmenA, December 2, 2015 · 15 Replies · 355 Views

OmenA

Hello!

 

How is my progression with this going? 

I think the PE is fine and need a little bit more flexion on the iM?

 

Thanks in advance!

 

Cole Dano

Yes, just a bit more flexion and your lower ribs a bit more in. 

OmenA

Hi!

 

I made couple new videos of the iM. How does it look now? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

OmenA

Can someone comment, please? 

Are my hands wide enough?

Cole Dano

Sorry, this one slipped under my radar.

 

The iM is better but still a little room for improvement. At this stage the main thing I look for is keeping an absolutely flat back. Look at how your back is slightly arched at the beginning of the rep (time mark 0:17)  take your bottom ribs back just a hair to eliminate the arch.

 

Once we have the basic body line down it's possible to fruitfully work the shoulder angle.

OmenA

Thanks Cole!

I think I know what you mean. I'll be back :)

Elias Lehtinen

Here's a clip from few days ago. I've been trying to suck my ribs in and keep my back straitght. Im only using 1kg weight on the bar at the moment. To my eyes I still need more flexion, but those are only my eyes:). What do you guys think?

Cole Dano

On this I prefer to focus on the ribs in first and foremost, as doing that will among  other things guarantee that it hits the right part of your back and traps.

So with that in mind, the ribs are pretty close, but still room to go in a bit, make that more important than perfect flexion for now.

Elias Lehtinen

Will do! Thanks Cole!

Elias Lehtinen

I think the ribs are getting there but still no flexion enough.. I hate my traps :).

Alessandro Mainente

Definitely flexion it is not enough, reduce the weight or increase the hands distance in order to maintain the full flexion.

Elias Lehtinen

How's my form now? 

 

Elias Lehtinen

Anyone?

Cole Dano

I'd call it good.

Alessandro Mainente

Nice improvement.

Elias Lehtinen

Thanks guys! I'll move on then. Only 20+ to go :)