This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE1 + iM

Started by OmenA, December 2, 2015 · 13 Replies · 281 Views

OmenA

Hi guys!

 

This is my first form check. I started F1+HS1 5 weeks ago and fell in love with them.

Any feed back is appreciated.

 

btw. I think that this FLPE1 is the most brutal element of PE1's. Love the iM though :D .

 

 

 

Cole Dano

The shadowing makes it hard to tell if you back is truly flat. So take this with that in mind, 

 

It looks like you are only hollowing from the upper body and the lower abs and glutes aren't working to roll the bottom of your buttocks off the floor.

OmenA

Thank you Cole for your reply!

 

I'll concentrate on those things you mentioned, and make a better video to be sure.

Elias Lehtinen

So here is another form check on my FLPE1. I've been doing the 4x48sec for quite some time now and this is the 4th set.

I have found my PPT but usually I cant keep it during the last set.

I also tend to have the "bulging abdomen" thingy. Is flattening the stomach something to concentrate at this point?

 

Elias Lehtinen

bump

Elias Lehtinen

Can someone comment my last video please.

Priit Jaanson

FL/PE1: Due to the dark shirt you wear, it looks as if your back is flat on the ground. However, judging from the tension on your legs, it seems that you are actively trying to get the glutes off the floor. To make sure, try a few reps of the next exercise, if you can smoothly rock in this position, you are doing it right.


IM: If you look at the model in the example video, you will notice that he has:

  • more extension in the thoracic spine in the cow pose,
  • more flexion in the lumbar spine in the cat pose.

It has been helpful for me to bring the hands a bit forward and concentrate on the above mentioned points while doing the iM.

Elias Lehtinen

Thanks Priit for your comment!

I guess I need to buy more colorful shirts :). I've tried the rocks and they are surprisingly good (IMO, not form checked). I've also concentrated on raising the glutes off the floor and feel it's much better now compared to when I started this element.

 

Cole Dano

It's definitely better. Priit has the right idea in his post.

I know it's hard to find shirts that aren't black in Finland, you can also just take your shirt off for form check purposes. 

Young Chan Park
On 23 February 2016 at 10:57 AM, Elias Lehtinen said:

So here is another form check on my FLPE1. I've been doing the 4x48sec for quite some time now and this is the 4th set.

I have found my PPT but usually I cant keep it during the last set.

I also tend to have the "bulging abdomen" thingy. Is flattening the stomach something to concentrate at this point?

 

Yeah I've read some posts about "Alien Baby" syndrome (the bulgy abdomen thingy), and that you should avoid them.

 

I'm still not sure whether or not you need to actively try to fix this in PE1 and 2.

I personally actively fixed this problem in PE1 and 2 which made the elements a lot harder. I'm on PE3 now, and it feels like the problem would've fixed itself if I still had it when working on PE3 as your abdomen naturally gets flattened when you tense in that position :/

 

That's just my opinion. Ask a moderator to be sure :P

Elias Lehtinen

Good points Young! I guess I'll keep the flattening stuff back in my head when doing this element but dont be too concerned about it at this point.

Elias Lehtinen

Here is a 6th set I filmed after my workout. Is there something to fix?

This has been a slooow process for me to get the 5x60sec, but I made it finally!

 

Cole Dano

I'd say you are good. Knees could be a bit further forward so the feet are just foo the floor, but that's a pretty minor nit.

Let's see how PE2 looks!

 

Elias Lehtinen

Allrighty then, I'll make the PE2 video as soon as possible.

Thanks again Cole!