This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE1 mobility question

Started by Aldridge4, December 1, 2015 · 4 Replies · 152 Views

Aldridge4

If I do not have enough ROM in the ankles to correctly perform this exercise would it be okay to hold a weight to help me roll up into the position? And if so do I increase each week in the first block and repeat until I am able to do it unassisted? I just started the program a couple weeks ago and have found a progression for this movement. Thank you for the help!

Cole Dano

You can use a weight or roll on an elevated surface.

 

You can follow the rep/set cycle as laid out, or if you notice you have an improvement in you mobility during the cycle you can reset without assistance or less assistance after any deload week.

Mark Collins

I like the option of rolling on an elevated surface. You will benefit from doing the front split stretch series if you are not alreading doing it.

Aldridge4

Thank you for the replies guys. I do have the stretch series and I know it will take a while to get good ROM back in the ankles. I just wanted to make sure I am headed in the right direction and not setting myself backwards.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

A hill or incline works in a pinch if you live near any parks