Running Front help?

Started by Seiji, September 28, 2009 · 6 Replies · 1,630 Views

Seiji

I'd like to ask for tips on how I can improve mine. I've heard of people throwing their arms up in a backflip fashion while jumping (which I think seems counter-productive), russian lifts, and guys (like me!) who have their arms up already before the tuck.

How far should you go forward in your last hop?

Also, after the hop, do you push your feet into the ground or touch your feet before trying to jump?

Blairbob

what arm technique you use for the running punch is up to you. you should be versed in the basic 3. I prefer the forward arm circle like a handspring vault but you a lift of the arms from behind the body to above horizontal works just as well.

the last hop should be as long as possible.

think about stomping your forefeet through the ground, hitting with your knees and hips bent and extending through them.

Seiji

Thanks :D

I was curious because I somewhat rarely see low level forward skills. Everyone in the gymnastics world seems to like going backwards much more :P

Blairbob

It's typically easier.

Seiji

So here's how they are now. I should block more, but that's the only problem I see.

sP_RndJVDqM

Blairbob

Russian front style, eh?

post-51-13531537017274_thumb.jpg

Blairbob

take 2

post-51-13531537017855_thumb.jpg