This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Having different PE's and IM's mastered

Started by Bret Kennedy, December 1, 2015 · 3 Replies · 191 Views

Bret Kennedy

I have been trying to find a clear answer on this question for myself yet I am not 100% sure, so I thought I would just lay it out here as I am progressing in different parts at different speeds, and before I go to far want to ensure I am not creating chaos in my training.

 

- If you master the PE strength exercise, but the mobility is not, for example my swivel hips is so far off mastery, but the associated PE I have been able to achieve for the last week now successfully each time, do I have to stay on the strength component until I master the IM? or am I able to move forward with the strength component, and continue to master the IM?

 

- If you master the IM component but are yet to move past the strength component, does that also mean that you are able to move onto the second IM, but have to stick with the first strength component until finished?

 

- If you do pass the strength and not the IM, is it ok to do the IM associated with the second strength component, as well as the first that you have not yet been able to master?

 

Thanks in advance for your advice.

 

Bret

 

Keegan

The strength and mobility elements are inseparable pairs. You must master both before you can move on; this forces you to address strength/mobility imbalances or deficits.

You can "play" with later strength elements once you finish your daily work (provided you have the energy to do so and they are within reason), but serious work needs to be on mastering the immediate strength and mobility element at hand.

You can also add in other mobility exercises though (either in your warm-up or again once your daily "work" has been completed) if you need/want additional work on a given area. I would also highly recommend the Stretch Courses, if you aren't already doing them, if mobility is an issue.

Hope this answers your questions.

Vytautas Pilkauskas

If your question is a methodical one - like this, you will for 100% find your answer in a course material :)

Mark Collins

Sometimes you will benefit from doing a later iM if it is specific to your poor mobility. With experience and advice from other members you will know which ones to do.