This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE2

Started by Adriano, December 1, 2015 · 4 Replies · 92 Views

Adriano

Cole Dano

You're pumping from the knees, and your knees are too far in.

 

Essentially if one were to take a still photograph of you at any point in the rock it should look identical to your FL/PE1.

 

Knees forward of the hips (30-45 degrees) feet just off the floor at the bottom. The rock should be controlled so the feet don't touch the floor, but without substantially straightening the knees from the PE 1 position.

Adriano

Yes, I suspected as much.

 

Now, I have a problem there. When I try do to the rocks in PE1 position (I uploaded that one also here in Form Cheks subforum), I lose my PPT and my back starts arching.

 

Also, from where am I supposed to be pumping if not from the knees? How to initiate the movement?

Cole Dano

You initiate the moment from your core, tighten your belly as if you were trying to sit up. Then once you come up a bit, 'relax' to come back down.

 

It may be at first you have to somewhat ease up on the position, bring the knees in a bit. At least for me that's fine as a stepping stone, with the intention of eventually getting to the correct position. 

 

Also in this phase, make sure to maintain your PE1, or everything will go to pieces rather quickly.

Adriano

Upon further review of the clip, I noted that my butt is going too high at the end of the "come down" portion of the movement. It seems (and feels during the execution) like I am trying to roll onto my upper back, where I should aim to get back to PE1 position.

 

Thoughts?