This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL-PE5 & iM

Started by Mike_B, November 29, 2015 · 11 Replies · 257 Views

Mike_B

Hey,

 

Looking at previous videos, I've made some progress bringing my hips down, and moving the lean forward, but still some way to go I think.

 

Thanks again for any advice!
 

(p.s. I've got a few more form videos to come - checked the house rules for volume/frequency of these posts. Was going to go with one every couple of days or so - if this is too frequent please let me know).

 

chuchodani

You're lacking protraction and PPT, focus on that.

Alessandro Mainente

For the PE part you need to hold the same level of lean, you can easily see the difference basing on the feet position, the support moves from the feet neck to feet toes. Also you need to move down the hips while holding the PPT, due to the lean the bodyline should be always on a diagonal line.

Less shaking on IM is required.

Mike_B

Great, I'll work on these points, thanks guys.

Mike_B

So I did some work on this today, focusing on the points that you raised - I don't have any video yet, but concentrated on keeping the body straight and focusing on the PPT aspect - as I moved forward the lean into the pseudo-planche felt more 'direct', rather than coming over the top - it was also more difficult to hold, and my time went down about 40% - does this sound right?

Mike_B

Thanks Zach - I'm also noticing that the inside of my palm (below the thumb knuckle) is getting sore after this - I've made one technique adjustment (making sure my thumbs are pointing forwards as opposed to too far out), but I think training this twice a week might be too much at this stage, so I'll likely move down to a single F7 day per week.

Mike_B

Hi all,

So I've worked a bit more on this - results below, feels like progress, although any additional tips would be great :)

Garrick Sevilla

Butt down, more lean, depress scaps more (it might be the shirt, but your neck looks a little scrunched).

Alessandro Mainente

lean is better and also your PPT, try to avoid the elevation of the scapulae and relax your feet, resistance should be achieve only with shoulders.

Mike_B

Thanks Alessandro, Garrick - 

 

Alessandro - I find that if I don't concentrate on holding my feet in the extended position, I come up onto my toes (which was the problem in the previous video), so I'm not sure how to relax them without this happening again -

 

Also, when you say 'avoid elevation of the scapulae', what do you mean?  In the guidance for PE5 it states 'Protracting and depressing the scapula (shoulder blades) will greatly strengthen your planche lean position' - what is the difference between this and what I'm doing? 

 

Thanks!   :)

Garrick Sevilla

Mike, I think it's fine to concentrate on keeping your feet pointed, but you want to avoid pulling with your feet to reduce the load on your shoulders.  It looks like the feet pulling starts at around the 10-11 second mark.

 

"Avoid elevation of the scapulae" means to avoid shrugging, which is what I meant by your neck looking a little scrunched.  

Mike_B

Garrick - thanks a lot for clarifying, and for your very helpful points. Yes, I can see what you mean re: the feet - it's as if they're moving up as that body compresses to support the lean, when as you and Alessandro have pointed out, this should come from the shoulders.

 

I focused on these points yesterday in my weekly set, and the video I got showed a better lean, without the feet pulling - I also did it without a shirt to watch for shrugging, which I don't think I was doing or if I was it seems to be gone now.

 

I felt this lean much more in the shoulders, and the time was somewhat reduced, but this seems like its in keeping with the advice.