Hi there - Could some1 plz give me critique on the form of my sPL/PE1? I am really struggeling with my form on the shrugs (...)
Thanks in advance!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by TobiasM, November 29, 2015 · 4 Replies · 124 Views
Hi there - Could some1 plz give me critique on the form of my sPL/PE1? I am really struggeling with my form on the shrugs (...)
Thanks in advance!
Hi Tobias,
Could you upload a video from the same angle shown in the course? This will help us see if your shoulders are moving properly.
From this angle it looks like you are not protracting enough at the top. I would also suggest slowing down the upward movement, as it is much faster than your downward movement.
In the future be sure to post these in the Form Checks subforum to help keep things organized.
You need more thoracic flexion and scapula protraction at the top. Try rounding the thoracic spine at the top of the movement by pulling the bottom of the chest to the ribs.
To get an idea of the range of movement you need try the scapula shrugs laying on your back. This way you can get a feel for how the scapula moves on the rib cage.
More protraction on top and dont bent your elbows even a little. Also i would suggest to look at floor all the time becouse when you lift your head up on top of movement as in video it is harder to protract.
Thanks a lot guys! I'll keep working hard on this element and hopfully I'll get it one day ![]()
Ohh... and sorry for posting in the wrong forum. Guess I was stressing to much posting this b4 going to bed ![]()