This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Limber form check

Started by Itamar sha'ashuaS, November 29, 2015 · 5 Replies · 226 Views

Itamar sha'ashuaS

Hello!

So after my TBs session today, I did a couple of limber attempts, when I go down as low as I can to the lowest rang (stall bars rang) I can reach and then back up. Is my form good? I'll be super happy if I would achieve this goal of mine, on the coming month, as a gift for myself for the new year!

Thank you

Cole Dano

Looks to me like you are initiating the bend from your lower back.

 

Try to start arching from your fingers to  shoulders to high upper back to mid upper back.......

Itamar sha'ashuaS
Cole Dano said:

Looks to me like you are initiating the bend from your lower back.

Try to start arching from your fingers to shoulders to high upper back to mid upper back.......

Thanks Cole.

I'll try to do what you have said, see how that feels, and upload a new video.

If we are talking on the lower back-upper back activation subject already, I'll be happy if you could help me with tips for acivating my upper back and thoracic spine instead of lower back in a bridge an elevated bridge work.

Thanks again!

Cole Dano

This is one way to think of it, imagine you have five wheels in your body, one at the shoulders, one high upper back, upper back, middle of the body and lower back.

 

You want to turn each of those wheels sequentially one after the other.

 

In addition imagine that as each wheel turns there is a cord attached to the axel, and it is being pulled out from your chest as you are lowering, this gives counter support so while dropping the arch being formed is supported outwardly.

 

Hope that makes sense.

Mats Trane
Cole Dano said:

 

In addition imagine that as each wheel turns there is a cord attached to the axel, and it is being pulled out from your chest as you are lowering, this gives counter support so while dropping the arch being formed is supported outwardly.

 

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for sharing Cole! Really liked this que. I'll try next time I'll do wall walks.

Jon Douglas
Cole Dano said:

This is one way to think of it, imagine you have five wheels in your body, one at the shoulders, one high upper back, upper back, middle of the body and lower back.

 

You want to turn each of those wheels sequentially one after the other.

 

In addition imagine that as each wheel turns there is a cord attached to the axel, and it is being pulled out from your chest as you are lowering, this gives counter support so while dropping the arch being formed is supported outwardly.

 

Hope that makes sense.

 

Nice, that's a very accessible mental image :)