This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE5 - lower back or obliques?

Started by Adriano, November 28, 2015 · 5 Replies · 303 Views

Adriano

So, when I'm doing twisting arch ups, where should I feel them? I kinda get the impression I should feel them in my obliques primarily, but I feel them heavily in my lower back and not so quite in my obliques. I'll record them in Monday and post in the form check subforum to be sure.

Wes Tan

Twisting archups are a variety of a back extension exercise so you will be using your spinal extensors primarily, so feeling it in the low back would be expected. The obliques are the primary rotators of the trunk so will be using these for sure. The obliques as well transversus abdominis have fascial attachments that wrap around the waist and attach to the lumbar vertebrae also.

Adriano

Thanks Wes!

 

As I said, I feel them in my lower back mostly, but I do feel them in obliques to a lesser extent. I was afraid I'm doing something wrong.

Mark Collins

If you feel one side of your low back is on fire then the other side you are doing them correctly. These and circle arch ups are a great low back exercise.

Adriano
Mark Collins said:

If you feel one side of your low back is on fire then the other side you are doing them correctly.

 

 

 

That's exactly the feeling.

Mark Collins

I love the feeling of walking after doing these. It feels like I have slabs of meat on my lower back.