Hi Everyone,
Would appreciate guidance on my form for the both elements here.
Specifically on whether I'm getting enough height in my FLPE1 hold and whether my arch is sufficient in my FLPE1 iM.
Any feedback would be most appreciated
Adam
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Graham Searles, November 27, 2015 · 3 Replies · 92 Views
Hi Everyone,
Would appreciate guidance on my form for the both elements here.
Specifically on whether I'm getting enough height in my FLPE1 hold and whether my arch is sufficient in my FLPE1 iM.
Any feedback would be most appreciated
Adam
Hey Adam,
Things look good overall, but I'll give a couple comments.
PE:
I'm not sure if it's required for mastery, but working with a bigger angle between torso and hips (with feet a few inches off the ground) will better prepare you for moving onto the straddle variation. When I hold my head like yours is, I get a bad strain in my neck that sticks around until the next day. If this is happening to you, try pulling the head back and tucking the chin towards the chest.
iM:
Exaggerate each position as much as possible. Focus on the upper back during the bottom position.
Like I said, it looks good, but I'll let someone else tell you if you should move forward.
Ian is right, but there's no maybe about it. you knees need to be in front of your hips, not over them. They should also be bent so your feet are just an inch or two above the floor.
Thanks Gents,
must have missed that
I'll make the change and see how I get on