This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Weights

Started by David Birchall, November 25, 2015 · 1 Replies · 142 Views

David Birchall

I haven't lifted weights for nearly four years now I think? Since starting foundation when it came out.  I thought about it the other day and I would like to throw in some lifting into my routine to make it feel a bit fresher - after foundation is done for the day or on a different day.  I already do barbell OG&UG dislocates, Pike & Straddle Jefferson Curls, F&B Xiaopengs etc. just randomly if I have time after F7H1

 

I don't just want to do more lifting for no reason though: I would like to supplement Foundation and I was wondering what exercises would be good to add weight to out of the course?  I was thinking Straddle & Pike HLLs as my compression needs work and will hold me back as I'll be on straddle-Ls soon.

 

I read on another site too that weighted decline sit ups have good carry over to hollow hold and there's also the supine dumbbell raises at the hips I've read about on here for planche.

 

so supplementary exercises I can think of so far:

 

HBH/HBR

Weighted Decline Sit Ups with PPT (for hollow)

 

PL

DB Exercises at hip height lay on a bench

 

HBP

Cuban Press (Barbell)

F & B Xiaopengs (work up to 14kg)

 

RC

OABACH - I was thinking about doing bent arm chin hangs with one arm as there is an excerpt in BtGB at the end which says it had good carry over to strength AND strength endurance.  Think it may help me finally get past RC PE6 for mastery which I've had an enormous problem with.

 

HS

Dislocates (Barbell - On to BB dislos now just gotta move my hands in a little closer)

 

PHS

Would doing wall straddle and pike presses with weights on the ankles be beneficial for PHS?  In BtGB it comes under lower back strength however that it is also a prep element for PHS so I'd like to try this...

 

ABH/ABR

Weighted Arch Ups (from Foundation SLS - is there carry over to arch hold?)

Weighted RLL (got from BtGB - is this a good idea?)

What about increasing weight on Around The Worlds?  Love that IM.

 

MN

Pike & Straddle J-Curls (work up to BW - nearly there on these actually :D)

Weighted HLL (got from BtGB - is this a good idea?)

 

SLS

Weighted Lunge (from Foundation SLS... love doing these)

 

 

 

Just before anyone flames me - these exercises are supposed to be SUPPLEMENTARY to Foundation and if my recovery is not good enough or they don't have much effect then I'd drop them.  My main focus is foundation as prescribed.

 

Are any of these worth doing in anyones experience?

 

Does anyone use any supplementary exercises like what I've written above to any benefit/carry over?

 

Cheers

 

David

 

dritar

I probably wouldn't do the OABACH if you haven't mastered RC/PE6. Perhaps you could just play with some pullup variations. The rest is probably fine.