This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Fixing Anterior Pelvic Tilt

Started by Fabian Munich, November 24, 2015 · 6 Replies · 409 Views

Fabian Munich

Hello everybody,

 

I received Foundation 1 a few days ago. Will these exercises and the integrated mobility, if done correctly, help to fix my anterior pelvic tilt? Or do I need some kind of special program of medical exercises and stretches to correct this?

Thanks

Ryan Bailey
Fabian Munich said:

Hello everybody,

 

I received Foundation 1 a few days ago. Will these exercises and the integrated mobility, if done correctly, help to fix my anterior pelvic tilt? Or do I need some kind of special program of medical exercises and stretches to correct this?

Thanks

I recommend the stretch series as well; It combines nicely with the foundations for pelvic mobility.

Ryan

Keilani Gutierrez

Fabian,

learning to improve APT will be dependent upon how well you realize that you need to brace the abs, use the glutes to move the femur behind the pelvis, not tip the pelvis forward in any forward lunging movement.

the individual pieces of working on obliques, abs, glutes, hamstring and quads are covered in Foundation(through SL, FL, SLS and Mn). just remember to focus on hinging forward at the hip in place of moving through the lower back from now on. that means during training and while moving around in the real world. it took me a while to learn this because inflexibility influences the way we perceive movement and hence, the way we move.

Front split series will focus on mobilizing the structures that inhibit hip extension, like Ryan, I recommend you give these materials an honest look if this is your problem area.

Murray Truelove

I fixed most of my ATP by doing this stretch:

http://spinescottsdale.com/photos/exercises/standing-hip-flexor-stretch.jpg

It's not the best example but it's a simple stretch hip flexor stretch that can be easily googled.

I made the most progress doing this stretch EVERY day, my toothbrush has a timer so I would stretch one side for 30s then switch sides, this was done for a total of 2 minutes. I did this stretch twice a day and made progress in just a few weeks.

Mark Collins

By fixing your anterior tilt do you want to increase or decrease it.

Either way the answer is yes.

vannybute

Stretch the psoas muscles/hip flexors, as well as maybe the lats and thoracic spine if you want to improve overall posture. This will help speed up your F1 progress and ensure you are not injured.

brown.3794

I would say yes. I'm still on PE 1 with everything but between foundation and the stretch series my APT has been mostly fixed.