This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Front Limbers... Bridge Wall Walkovers?

Started by David Birchall, November 23, 2015 · 0 Replies · 139 Views

David Birchall

So we've got BWW which over time will progress to a back limber.

 

Some days I go to the gym and decide to just play with strength movements I'm not up to yet, macaco, floor circle attempts etc. maybe a little ring work and trying stuff out I find on youtube like assistance exercises for planche & some of Ido's crazy animal walk things which feel great.

 

The other day I decided to try this:

 

From a full bridge with feet near a wall, walk the feet up the wall to a height I will be able to perform the exercise with while maintaining arch in the back.

 

Then starting from the shoulders move each vertebrae one at a time until in a hollow handstand, hold for a moment.  

 

Then lower down in the same fashion however this time starting with the hips rotating out of PPT then lower down each vertebrae one at a time until feet touch the floor using the wall if necessary for assistance.  

 

This is with legs trying to remain straight but I found straddled I could go lower down the wall.

 

 

Is this safe?  It felt good although quite difficult when going slow.

 

Is it already an exercise?  Bridge Wall Walkovers (BWWo) I wrote it down in my training notes as - if it's an exercise already what's its name?

 

Is it to front limber as BWW is to back limber and are there any better specific dynamic exercises anyone knows of for front limber aside from single leg bridge raises which I think are in Foundation?

 

Is there anywhere in foundation or HS that train for front limbers or will it be in material yet to come?

 

Thanks

 

David