Hip flexor strain in straddle L

Started by bocker36, November 22, 2015 · 1 Replies · 1,433 Views

bocker36

A little bit of context:I am a 4-5 months into GST and I have been training straddle holds for most of that time. At the beginning I have to admit I was probably overtraining the hold(about3-4 times a week),while simoltaniously doing weighted pancake mobility 2x a week.

At first I had the usual cramps that everyone else describes, but after a while that subsided for the most part.

Then during a session right after a rest week they started feeling alot stronger not quite high enough for the floor but higher than when I started.

I thought I was making good progress, but thenthe next week my hip flexor/glute med started cramping whenever I attempted one.

After that I took a week off from the holds and then lowered the volume to 2x a week but the strain still happens.

Anybody have a similar issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

vannybute

You could have muscle imbalances from training only straddles, and you could also be unprepared for the straddle-l. note that the straddle-l requires good quad strength that would be developed from F1 and F2.