This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Twisting Bear Rolling shoulder question

Started by Ryan Bailey, November 20, 2015 · 4 Replies · 301 Views

Ryan Bailey

Hi everyone,

On twisting bear, Coach mentions rolling the shoulder open.

I noticed 2 ways to do this movement ( I think one is wrong that I tried), and would like to know what is correct.

1) One way is to rotate and sort of roll the shoulder anterior getting a deeper trunk motion, but more of a biceps type stretch.

2) The other way seems more like the demo video, where the shoulder remains inline with the scapula and body, not able to rotate the trunk as much, but feeling a strong, front arm, pec/chest stretch.

Is the latter description correct? Or am I missing anything here?

Thank you,

Ryan

Alessandro Mainente

The second version is the required from you. biceps stretch is strongly visited along manna development on F4.

Cole Dano

Think of it like this, it's a bridge warm up, so it should be the same sort of stretch. Your basically just rolling into a partial bridge.

Ryan Bailey
Cole Dano said:

Think of it like this, it's a bridge warm up, so it should be the same sort of stretch. Your basically just rolling into a partial bridge.

Hmmm... ya.... I don't think I can do that yet :-(

DAMIEN DEL RUSSO

"Just rolling into a partial bridge" - hahaha

 

Some of us...well, let's put it this way. When I practice my bridge, I put my hands on my pull-up bar. The floor is a long, long way away!

 

That twisting bear is good though, if a bit scary. Of all the exercises I feel that like that one could hurt me if I'm not careful, so I take it slow and steady.

 

Have fun everybody.