This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

My First Adult Gymnastics Class

Started by FireFit, November 20, 2015 · 0 Replies · 101 Views

FireFit

I went to my first Adult Gymnastics class last night as a mate I work with goes regularly. I had read in the forums to take It steady I as new I wouldn't be fully prepared for it. 

 

Started of with a warm up with stretches etc.

 

Moved on to some basic rolling: Forwards, backwards, handstand forwards roll, cartwheels, Round Off? (cant do)

 

Then on to for me and another tall bloke.

 

Handstand to falling forward onto a wedge.

 

Thoracic bridge with feet elevated - (Need to purchase the stretch series for Xmas)

 

Some playing around with partner balancing (we were the 'base')

 

and finally some front somersault work using two big padded blocks to support arms out as you went over.

 

Then more stretching.

 

It was very enjoyable and the little (8 weeks) of conditioning in F1 and H1, along with not being afraid to fall due to Judo helped a lot. 

 

It was 90 minutes in total with some performing conditioning at the end. I was happy just to stretch.

 

Just some thoughts...

 

Gareth

 

p.s 

 

my wrists feel good today thanks to the wrist warm up/conditioning in H1.