Hi everyone. I have been troubled with some reoccurring back pain but more into the rear of my right hip. I notice I have a hard time folding at the waist. I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to occurring after Jefferson curl or Manna PE4 type stretch. Is this due to overly tight hamstrings? Does anyone else have any experience or knowledge in regards to this? Thank you in advanced for your time.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
low back/rear hip pain form Manna PE4
Started by mike_e_eh, November 19, 2015 · 8 Replies · 252 Views
I've had a similar problem: same area of pain, and same exercises. If you are particularly inflexible -- hey, welcome to the club! I'm on the all-star team -- there was a post somewhere in which Coach Sommer wrote about using slightly bent knees on Jefferson curls. I'm using front split and middle split stretch series, and i've seen a lot of improvement, but that modification on Jefferson curls has kept the pain from returning. If I'm wrong about that, all apologies. Perhaps someone with more medical knowledge will weigh in.
Yes I'm definitely flexibly challenged. Especially the hamstrings due to sitting for most of my day for my job.
Pain on folding the legs over the hips is usually concerned with tigth hip capsule joint and tigth hips flexors. for the first problem you should look for sPL IM1, for the second there is the stretch series of front splits that shows some interesting hips flexors stretch.
I second the SPL/iM-1 practice, and recommend sitting more in the hip opener positions like internal and external rotation of the hips.
Ok thanks. I will give it a go. I've never actually done SPL 1 before. When I did my asssssment for f1 I started at SPL 2
mike_e_eh said:Ok thanks. I will give it a go. I've never actually done SPL 1 before. When I did my asssssment for f1 I started at SPL 2
![]()
Very bad idea, sPL PE1 and iM1 are both things you should do on a regular basis well after you've moved on in the progression.
Hit the restart button.