This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

My first side split!

Started by Itamar sha'ashuaS, November 18, 2015 · 4 Replies · 261 Views

Itamar sha'ashuaS

Hello!

 

So yesterday I was stretching with the MS series and got my first side split ever!

It felt so awesome to have my legs on the floor finally.

I can now say that my lower body flexibility is good, as I can do now side split, front split, belly and chest to floor pancake and a good pike with my lower body flexibility.

It's maybe not perfect yet, but it's pretty much there.

Thank you Coach for the great programming!

 

 

Love it!

Alessandro Mainente

Personally until you growth ends I prefer feet pointing forward to avoid excessive knee tension on ligaments and tendons, then you will move them inward when you can reach the floor with pelvic region and you can practice some rollover and rollbackward with the hips.

Itamar sha'ashuaS
Alessandro Mainente said:

Personally until you growth ends I prefer feet pointing forward to avoid excessive knee tension on ligaments and tendons, then you will move them inward when you can reach the floor with pelvic region and you can practice some rollover and rollbackward with the hips.

I didn't quite understand, you mean feet position like in a pancake?
Alessandro Mainente

You can do split both ways, fingers pointing upward on forward (your case). your version if the body is suspended puts a great stress on the ligaments and tendon of the knee.  for this reason I prefer fingers pointing upward until you can sit on you pelvis.

Oussama KHELLADI

Congratulations for how long were u doing miss course ? Any supplementary work ?